The 81 insightful facts
1. “Azhaithu Varugiren Endreno Akroorarai Polae!”
Did I tell that I would bring Krishna like sage Akroora?
2. “Agamozhithu Vitteno Vidurarai Polae!”
Did I open up my mind like Vidura did to Sri Krishna when He had visited Hastinapura?
3. “Dekatthai Vitteno Rishi-Patthniyai Polae!”
Did I sacrifice my body like the wives of Rishi-s when Krishna had asked for food?
4. “Dasamughanai Settreno Piratiyai Polae!”
Did I ignore the Ten-faced (Ravana) like the Pirati (Sita Devi)?
5. “Pinnamyezhuppi Vitteno Thondaimaanai Polae!”
Did I wake up the corpses of the family of Krishna Sharma like King Thondaimaan?
6. “Pinnavirundhitteno Kanndaakarnanai Polae!”
Did I offer a feast of corpses to Krishna like Kanndaakarna?
7. “Thaaikolam Seidheno Anusooyayai Polae!”
Did I play the role of a mother to Trimurthy like Anusooya?
8. “Thandhai Yenge Yendreno Dhuruvanai Polae!”
Did I call for my father like Dhruva?
9. “Moondreyezhutthai Soneno Kshatrabandhuvai Polae!”
Did I chant the three-syllabled name (Govinda) as per the sages’ advice to be born as Brahmin in next birth?
10. “Mudhaladi Pettreno Akhalikaiyai Polae!”
Was I touched by the first footstep of Rama like Agalika (Ahalya) to get out of my curse?
11. “Pinjaai Pazhuttheno Aandaalai Polae!”
Did I ripen young before attaining the size of a fruit like Aandaal who started loving God even as a child?
12. “Yemberumaan Yendreno Bhattarpiraanai Polae!”
Did I call the Lord as my own, like Periyaazhwar who was blessed by Lord Narayana and became a great poet?
13. “Aaraaindu Vitteno Thirumazhisaiyaar Polae!”
Did I like Thirumazhisai Aazhwaar learn the other system of religions and leave them to become a Srivaishnavite?
14. “Avan Sirinendreno Aazhwaarai Polae!”
Did I refer myself as a small person with humility like the great pundit Thirumazhisai Aazhwaar?
15. “Yedhenum Yendreno Kulasekararai Polae!”
Did I pray like Kulasekara Aazhwar to be born as anything in the Thirumala mountains?
16. “Yaan Sathyamyendreno Krishnanai Polae!”
Did I say that I am the personification of truth like Krishna?
17. “Adayaalam Soneno Kabandhanai Polae!”
Did I like Kabanda tell Lord Rama about who kidnapped Sita and where she was, after being killed by the Lord and getting rid of the curse?
18. “Andharangam Soneno Trijadaiyai Polae!”
Did I tell the private truths of Ravana to Sita like Trijada?
19. “Avan Dheivam Yendreno Mandodhariyai Polae!”
Did I understand the incarnation of Rama to be God and inform Ravana the same as Mandodhari?
20. “Aham Vedmi Yendreno Visuwamitthirarai Polae!”
Did I tell King Dasharatha that I know about Lord Rama like Sage Vishwamithra?
21. “Devumattrariyenendreno Madhurakaviyaar Polae!”
Did I demonstrate my bhakthi to Guru and God like Madhura Kavi?
22. “Dheivathai Pettreno Devakiyaarai Polae!”
Did I give birth to ishvara like Devaki?
23. “Aazhimarai Yendreno Vasudevarai Polae!”
Did I ask ishvara to hide his swaroopa with shanka & chakra to become a baby like Vasudeva?
24. “Aayanai Valartheno Yashodhayaarai Polae!”
Did I bring up Krishna like Yashodha did (As one of her own)?
25. “Anuyaathirai Seidheno Anilangalai Polae!”
Did I do divine service by going behind the monkeys (Anu yaathirai) like the squirrels?
26. “Aval Poriyai Yeendheno Kuselarai Polae!”
Did I offer the Aval Pori (Puffed beaten rice) to Sri Krishna like Kusela?
27. “Ayudhangal Yeendheno Agasthiyar Polae!”
Did I give weapons to Sri Rama like Sage Agastya?
28. “Andharangam Pukkeno Sanjayanai Polae!”
Was I able to see the hidden secrets in Him like Sanjaya?
29. “Karmathaal Petreno Janakarai Polae!”
Did I realize ishvara by being a karma yogi like Janaka?
30. “Kadithu Avanai Kanndeno Thirumangaiyaar Polae!”
Did I get the opportunity to attain His grace by biting Him like Thirumangai Aazhwaar?
31. “Kudai Mudhalanadhu Aaneno Ananthaazhwaar Polae!”
Did I do any service like protecting you from sun and rain like Aadhishesha?
32. “Kondu Thirindheno Thiruvadiyai Polae!”
Did I carry ishvara on my shoulders with ananya bhakthi like Lord Hanuman (Also Garuda)?
33. “Ilaippuvittai Theertheno Nampaaduvaan Polae!”
Did I sing and liberate someone (Brahmaraakshasa) from his birth as a raakshasa like Nampaaduvaan?
34. “Idaikazhiye Kandeno Mudhalaazhwargalai Polae!”
Did I take shelter in a small room like the first three Aazhwaars (Poigai Aazhwaar, Boothathaazhwaar, and Peyaazhwaar) to get His grace at Thirukovalur temple?
35. “Irumannar Pettreno Vaalmeegarai Polae!”
Did I do service to ishvara and bring up two princes (Lava & Kusha) like Valmeeki?
36. “Irumaalaiyeendheno Thondaradipodiyaar Polae!”
Did I present the Lord with two garlands (One of flowers and other of words) like Thondaradipodi Aazhwaar?
37. “Avanuraikka Pettreno Thirukachchiyaar Polae!”
Did I have the fortune to converse with the Lord of Kanchipuram like Thirukachchi Nambigal?
38. “Avan Meni Aaneno Thiruppaannarai Polae!”
Did I merge with His body like Thiruppaanaazhwaar, who was carried into the temple by the priest himself on his shoulders?
39. “Anuppi Vaiyyumyendreno Vashishtarai Polae!”
Did I ask Dasharatha to send Rama and Lakshmana along with Sage Vishwaamitra like Sage Vashishta?
40 “Adivaangineno Kongu Piratiyai Polae!”
Did I have the fortune of receiving Aacharyaa’s Paadhukaa-s like Kongu Pirati?
41. “Mannpoovai Yeetteno Kuravanambiyai Polae!”
Did I pray to the Lord with deep devotion using flowers of mud like Kuravanambi of Kuravapuram near Thirupathi?
42. “Moolamendrazhaitheno Gajarajarai Polae!”
Did I cry out to the Supreme who is cause for everything and attain His grace like Gajendra (The King of Elephants)?
43. “Poosakkodutheno Kooniyai Polae!”
Did I offer the Sandalwood paste to the Lord like the hunchback lady did without thinking about the consequences?
44. “Poovaikkodutheno Maalaakaararai Polae!”
Did I show the selfless love by offering you flowers at Mathura like Sudhaama (The flower merchant)?
45. “Vazhiadimai Seidheno Lakshmananai Polae!”
Did I always stay with Rama and perform all kind of service like Lakshmana?
46. “Vaittha Vidatthirindheno Bharathanai Polae!”
Did I stay in the same place where His Paadhukaa-s were like Bharatha despite the agreeable or otherwise situations?
47. “Akkaraikke Vitteno Kukaperumaalai Polae!”
Did I help Rama and his devotees to reach the other side of the river Ganges like Guha?
48. “Arakkanudan Porutheno Periyawudaiyaarai Polae!”
Did I fight with Ravana and dare to give up my body like Periya Udaiyaar (Jatayu) to save Sita?
49. “Ikkaraikke Sendreno Vibheeshanarai Polae!”
Did I leave everything on one side and go to where the Lord Rama was like Vibheeshana?
50. “Iniyadhendru Vaittheno Sabariyai Polae!”
Did I save the sweet fruits for offering to Rama like Sabari?
51. “Ingu Munndendreno Prahalaadhanai Polae!”
Did I say with great shraddha that He is everywhere even in the pillar like Prahalaadha?
52. “Ingillai Yendreno Dhadhipaanndanai Polae!”
Did I tell that baby Krishna is not here like Dhadhipanda (The Curd Merchant) to save the baby?
53. “Kaattukku Poneno Perumaallai Polae!”
Did I show steadiness in my heart and mind like Rama to give up the kingdom and go to the forest?
54. “Kandu Vandenendreno Thiruvadiyai Polae!”
Did I say Rama that I have seen Sita Devi and have come back like Hanuman?
55. “Irukaiyum Vitteno Draupadhiyai Polae!”
Did I show complete faith in Sri Krishna like Draupadi who lifted both her hands and took refuge in Him?
56. “Ingu Paal Pongumendreno Vaduganambiyai Polae!”
Did I show the kind of Aacharya Bhakti like Vaduga Nambi who refused to visit Ramanujaacharya leaving the milk to boil which was being specially prepared for the aacharya?
57. “Irumidaru Pidittheno Selvappillaiyai Polae!”
Did I embrace Aacharya Ramanuja like the idol of Lord Selva Pillai?
58. “Nilendru Pettreno Idaiaatroor Nambiyaipolae!”
Did I worship Him and think about nothing else like Idaiaatru Nambi who was told by Namperumal to stay at His place?
59. “Nedundhooram Poneno Naadhamuniyai Polae!”
Did I walk a long distance looking for Lord Rama, Sita Devi, Lakshmana and Hanuman like Naadhamuni?
60. “Avan Ponan Yendreno Maarudhiyaanndaan Polae!”
Did I bring the good news from Srirangaam to Ramanuja that the tyrant Chozha king is no more like Maarudhiyaanndaan?
61. “Avan Venda Yendreno Aazhwaanai Polae!”
Was I more committed to my aacharya like Koorathaazhwaar, who even went to the extent of saying no to even Sriman Narayana if he had appeared before?
62. “Adwaitham Vendreno Yemberumaanaarai Polae!”
Did I challenge and win the well-established siddhantham of Adwaitha like Ramanuja?
63. “Arulaazham Kandeno Nallanai Polae!”
Did I see only the marks of Lord’s discus and nothing else like Nallan?
64. “Andhapuram Pukkeno Aallavandhaarai Polae!”
Did I understand the Lord’s wish and go to Thiruvananthapuram like Aalavandhar?
65. “Aariyanai Pirindheno Dheiva Vaariyaanndanai Polae!”
Did I separate from my Aacharya (Aalavandhar) and almost lose my life like Dheyvaariaanndaan?
66. “Andhadhi Sonneno Amudhanaarai Polae!”
Did I write nectar of verses on my Aacharya (Ramanuja) like Amudhanaar?
67. “Aanukoolam Soneno Maalyavaanai Polae!”
Did I say words of good advice to Ravana to stop waging a war against Rama like grandsire Maalyavaan?
68. “Kallvanivanendreno Lokhaguruvai Polae!”
Did I say that Lord Vishnu is a thief like His great devotees who were teachers of the world?
69. “Kadalosaiyendreno Periyanambiyai Polae!”
Did I do great Bhaagavata service and not treat Maraneri Aazhwaar’s words as mere roaring of the seas like Periya Nambi?
70. “Suttrikidandheno Thirumaalaiyanndaanai Polae!”
Did I understand the Avataara Rahasya of Ramanuja and stay with him like Thirumaalaiyanndaan?
71. “Sooluravu Konddeno Thirukottiyurar Polae!”
Did I demonstrate the strength of mind like Thirukottiyur Nambi (In making even a great soul like Ramanuja to take a vow before revealing the grand meaning of the Sampradhaayam)?
72. “Uyiraaya Pettreno Oomaiyai Polae”
Did I get the divine grace of Sri Ramanuja like his follower who was mute?
73. “Udambai Veruttheno Thirunaraiyuraarai Polae!”
Did I sacrifice my body to protect the archa roopa of the Lord in Thottiyam like Thirunaraiyuraar?
74. “Yennai Pol Yendreno Uparisaranai Polae”
Did I follow Dharma completely and show that all beings are the same as one’s self like Uparicharavasu?
75. “Yaan Siriyenendreno Thirumalainambiyai Polae!”
Did I say that I searched all over the Thirumala hills and could not find a being inferior to me like Thirumalai Nambi?
76. “Neeril Kudhitheno Kanapuratthaalai Polae!”
Did I consider my aacharya as everything and even was willing to sacrifice myself for the aacharya’s sake by jumping into the waters of Kaveri like Kanapuratthaal?
77. “Neerukangkondeno Kaasisinganai Polae!”
Did I pray to the Lord and summon Him like Singan of Kasi by offering lotus flowers?
78. “Vaakinaai Vendreno Bhattarai Polae!”
Did I win over opponents with my oratory skills like Parasara Bhattar?
79. “Vaayir Kaiyitteno Yembaarai Polae!”
Did I remove the thorn from the snake’s tongue by putting my hand in its mouth like Embar?
80. “Thollkaativandeno Bhattarai Polae!”
Did I show the qualities of patience and mercy any time like Bhattar did who was once hit by a belt and offered to show his other shoulder to be hit?
81. “Thurrai Verru Seidheno Bhagavarai Polae!”
Did I understand the greatness of service to the Lord and separate from those who follow only dharma anushtaana?
T. R. Surya is the special correspondent of the company. He is an eloquent speaker and compendious writer of English. An avid learner of Sanskrit and Indian scriptures under the guidance of Swami Ganeshaswarupananda and Gita Chaitanya of Arshavidyalaya. His inclination and interests are towards studying Metaphysics and philosophies.
Join our subscribers list to get the latest articles, updates delivered directly in your inbox.
We hate spam as much as you do